Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I CAN SEE THE END!!!!!

I cannot believe that it has been over a month since I last blogged. I am not very good with this during tax season and I will make sure next year to acknowledge that from the get go! We are down to 1 week left and things are getting kinda hurried, to say the least. We are all tired and ready to take some time off. We all take the day after tax season off, and this year our boss is leaving for vacation on the 16th. I am taking the 17th off also, as husband and I are going to spend some time together. This tax season has been hard on him for some reason. He has not enjoyed his extra time alone like he has in the past, which I suppose is a good thing! I miss spending evenings with him also, so we are going to take 2 days instead of one this year and work on a landscaping project in our yard. Last night before Bible study, we mapped out some plans and hopefully this weekend he can do some actual yard work to prepare. Lots of things have been going on besides tax season, we both had bad colds, our grandson has had pneumonia twice, hubby has built a bridge for a youth organization here in town and step son has had some issues with skipping school!!! But I think as the 15th gets closer, we are getting all our ducks in a row and ready for spring!!
Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. I love spring flowers, especially tulips and mine are just beginning to get ready to bloom. The ones closest to the house have been munchies for the bunnies and I think I will have to spray them or I wont have any flowers. The weather has not been that good so far, we even had snow on Monday. But my lilac bush is still budding and the day lilies are rapidly growing too.
Hubby and I have been dieting all of tax season and are starting to see real results. He has lost about 15 pounds and I have lost 22, which is amazing in itself!!! We are looking forward to bike riding soon and this year we are going to go camping for the first time. We bought a great tent last fall on Craig's List and cant wait to use it. We will be on vacation in June, so we are hoping to get a few camping nights in then. I found a bike rack at Goodwill and some camping supplies. we still need a few things, but we are ready for the adventure.
I need to get back to my tax returns. I will hope to post more often after next week and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read my ramblings.
I wish everyone a wonderful, hope filled Easter. I pray that God will fill your hearts with His love and you are able to spend the day with all your loved ones close.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Tax season is almost over! Hang in there!