Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tis The Season...

I love all the aspects of Christmas. I love being in church on Christmas Eve and participating in the candle light services. I look forward to driving around neighborhoods looking at the lighting displays and trees that you can see in the windows. Going downtown Indianapolis is tons of fun during the holiday. There are the store windows that are so cute, the lights on the Monument Circle and the really tall toy solders guarding the circle. I have lived here for alittle over 6 years and I have still not made it downtown to see the lighting of the circle. Seems like it is always so cold!! I love the holiday, I don't like the weather..LOL We have gone to Christmas at the Zoo and it is really beautiful. They have lights everywhere and there are ice carvings going on, hot chocolate being served and Santa makes a grand appearance. This year we are taking our 2 yr old granddaughter and I know that I will see things through her eyes that I have not seen before. She has a way of making even the cold fun. We are putting up our tree tomorrow evening and I am really looking forward to that. We have a 7 foot tree that we decorate in traditional red and green lights, lots of glass hearts and plaid ribbon bows. We have been collecting rustic ornaments as a couple for the past 4 years. We both love birds, feeding them all year round and watching them from our deck in the spring, summer and fall. So we have several bird themed ornaments. Before I was married, I always had a frilly tree..(that is what my boys called it), but now that I have someone who wants to share this part of the holiday with me, it's fun to do something we both like. Saturday evening hubby's Mom and Step Dad are coming for dinner and then we are taking them to our church's annual Christmas Choir show. It will be lots of beautiful music and fun skits. But even after all this, the one thing I look forward to more than anything is doing Christmas for people who would have had none otherwise. Last year our church started having a Christmas dinner for the kids at Brookside Youth Center. I am in charge of that this year and I will write more to tell you all about it. It is a very special night for lots of inter-city kids. Stay tuned....Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells!!!

No comments: