Monday, November 17, 2008

Birthday Day....

Tomorrow I will be a 49 year old...how in the world did I get to be so old??? It seems just like yesterday I was 20 years old, having my first son. Now that first son will be 29 next year. I don't really feel old, but I still have some "old" issues that are creeping up on me. I am not as healthy as I would like to be, so that is my goal before I turn 50. I need to lose some weight and get healthier. I have had friends my age who have had major health issues and I would like to avoid those. So for my prayer warriors out there, and you know who you are...please pray for the next year that I am able to stick to my plan.
I didn't think it would bother me to have this birthday, but it is very much so. I wonder if I have done all the things I should have up to this point? I know that there are things I wished I had not done, but God has always had His hand in this life of mine and I need to acknowledge that He is indeed in control. There are things I would still like to do, places I would like to visit. I have not been on the east coast and would love to visit New England in the fall. I want to have more grandkids, of which I have no control over!! I want to go camping with my hubby, I want to spend as much time as possible with my Mom, I want to go on a missions trip somewhere..and I want my personal relationship with God to grow. I should write a list of the things I want to do before I retire and the ones I want to do afterwards..LOL Since I have a few years more to work, the list of what to do before I retire should be very long...
Maybe when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different feeling of being a 49 year old woman. Of course I will wake with damp jammies from the night sweats, puffy eyes and really bad bed hair, but I will wake with the knowledge that God loves me, hubby and kids love me and I can even love this 49 year me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a bucket list to me! Go for it! Good to catch up on you and I am so happy for your happiness! Sounds like leaving Dville was the best decision you made! Take Care.
Reta

Anita said...

Sorry I missed that birthday. I pray it was happy.