Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Holidays....

Sometimes I wish everyone would do thinks like I do and think like I do!!! I know that sounds vain, but it would sure make my world easier to get along with... Like Thanksgiving..that is my husband's FAVORITE holiday. He loves being with family, eating turkey and pecan pie. He is very much into football and loves to watch the games. My family does not do the big dinner thing so much anymore. In fact, both of my boys will be with new daughter in law in New Jersey with her family. We will be at his Mom's house on Thanksgiving Day evening. We are spending the morning at a church on the south side serving dinners to people who have no where to go or food to eat. So I have invited Duane's Dad and step Mom to dinner on Saturday evening, along with his sisters. Step Daughter and family will be there also. But I would really like my Mom to come and spend the weekend with us. She is alone alot and I don't get over there often enough. So I thought it would be fun to have her come stay with us. I don't think she will though because we are having "company" on Saturday and she does not want to intrude? I don't get that. I know having blended families are hard, but how do you get to know them more unless you spend time with them. And besides, the "company" will only be there from 3pm on Saturday until about 9pm that evening. We would still have all day on Friday and Sunday to do things. I am going to have to pray about this alot. I don't want one part of my family keeping another part away. Whatever happened to The Waltons???

1 comment:

Anita said...

I will pray for this situation too Penny. It would be good for your mom to come. We only get together with Steve's side on Thanksgiving.