Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall ..... Ya Gotta LOVE It!!!!

I have finally gotten to the age where my "favorites" are changing. If you asked me 5 years ago what my favorite time of year was, I would, without a doubt day SUMMER!!! I loved the sun, loved tanning by the pool, loved the whole long sunny days of summer. But now, as I ever so slowly creep towards turning 50, I am becoming a Fall type of gal. I'm not into laying in the sun, sweating to death for a great tan. I only went to the pool one time this summer. Having night sweats is enough sweating for me! I really like this 75 ish degree stuff. When you can sit on the deck, enjoy the sunshine and the cool breezes. I didn't think I would ever get to this point, but I am really excited about fall this year. Of course, getting a new grandson and a new daughter in law this fall makes this one really special. But even without those huge events, I love the fall weather. Makes me want to have more than I should have cups of Starbucks Pumpkin Lattes. I even have a craving for apple cider!! So I am going to enjoy all the days of September and October more than I ever have, attend more fall festivals, have more lattes and leave the sweating to the night time!!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Penny,

Fall has always been my favorite. I could just drink it in. I am glad we have re-connected!
Anita