Friday, September 12, 2008

Those Who Have None....and Dont Mind

Today I had a not so good lunch. I didn't bring my turkey from home like I had been doing all week. I guess I just wasn't hungry for turkey. So when lunch time came, I realized that it was raining, there was not room in the budget for going out to eat and all I had was a can of soup. Vegetable and Noodle Soup. (notice there is no meat!! Zero points on Weight watchers!!!) So, I had soup. As I was eating this soup, I was reading the current book I'm on, Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado. In it he talks about finding your place in God's Plan. Here is what caught my eye at the end of chapter 13..."Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." Now I'm sure you are wondering what this has to do with my soup.? As I posted before, one of my current passions is Third Phase and the food pantry box at our church. Husband and I have been working on this box since March and it is done now. As I was reading the book and eating the soup, I realized how very much God has blessed me. I didn't have to go to a food pantry to get my soup, just took it out of my pantry. There were other choices I could have made. God has blessed me with those choices. But what if I didn't have a choice. What if that pantry was empty? How would I feed my family tonight? Even the dog? Where would his food come from? There are so many people out there who struggle everyday just getting food on the table. It's not because they are not working to provide for their family, it is because rent, gas to get to work, utilities etc are consuming their income. So I would like to say to anyone who reads this...do what you can...as much as you can. Maybe you are like me and missing a lunch would not be a health issue and you could put that can of soup in the food pantry box? I don't think any of the people who come to Third Phase would mind a can of soup. In fact, they would truly appreciate it if it meant their kids would have something to go with the bread. God tells us so many times to love our brothers, take care of them and help all those who need it. I want to do more than the food box, so I'm going to post a blog on our church networking site also. We have to do more than what we have done in the past to take care of God's family. There is no reason for anyone to be hungry. Give them food, give them prayer and most of all, give them The Lord....

No comments: